Accounting/Firm Management Support
Excellent full-time opportunity for an individual with a strong administrative/business background to join an energetic, growing CPA firm in Westborough. We are looking for a friendly, assertive, dynamic individual who is able to work in a fast-paced work environment, is interested in the day-to-day challenges of a small company; will contribute to the team effort, and is willing to take initiative. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have strong technical Microsoft Office skills, and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently. This role will require you to be responsible for providing support to the accounting and audit staff.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, keep workflow in line and manage client communications
- Preparation, formatting and editing of financial statements with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Assemble tax returns, scan source documents using tax scanning software
- Prepare semi-monthly billing
- Management of maintenance and leasing of office equipment
- IT network support (assist Operations Manager with IT issues and coordinate with IT vendor)
- Alternate with admin team members for coverage on Saturdays between February and April 15th and possibly a couple of Saturdays in late October/early November
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Sound business and administrative skills, high level of attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and Adobe
- Proficiency with Time and Billing systems, or ability to be trained
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and flexible
- Personable, positive and professional in attitude and appearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft and poof-read materials
- Ability to operate independently and “self-manage” projects
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the firm’s preferences and priorities
- Results-oriented, with the ability to balance multiple assignments/projects in conjunction with normal activities, high energy level
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Advocate of team concept, offer assistance to others, strong judgment and decision-making skills in a fast-paced environment, with frequently shifting priorities
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to learn anything
- Tech skills to learn our software and applications as well as recognize when there’s an opportunity to utilize something better.
- Ability to perform duties with speed and accuracy.
SSB believes in hiring talented individuals and investing in their futures by providing opportunities for professional development and career growth while also enabling our team to maintain the work life balance they seek.
Please email resume to Maureen Sullivan: firstname.lastname@example.org