Where will you fit in on our team?
Careers at Smith, Sullivan & Brown, P.C.
Join our fabulous team! Now is the opportunity to join Smith Sullivan & Brown P.C., a growing and well-established CPA firm in Westborough, MA. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our tax and audit teams. The position would involve working with the tax team during tax season and with the audit team for the remainder of the year.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ethical individual who would like to work in a friendly, family work environment. Our Clients are individuals, small businesses and nonprofit organizations. Candidate must be reliable, able to juggle multiple projects and possess excellent interpersonal, self-sufficiency, and communication skills. If you are an experienced accounting professional with strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a minimum 3+ years of public accounting experience, we’d love to hear from you!
• Work with clients to prepare and review simple to complex federal and state tax returns using CCH Prosystem Tax software
• Preparation and review of individual, corporation, S-corporation, partnership and tax-exempt organization returns
• Work with the tax team to ensure the various components of the tax process are performed
• Consult with tax manager and partner on difficult tax matters to ensure compliance with tax laws
• Occasional research and responses to IRS and state government notices
• Ensure deadlines are met and perform other duties as needed
Accounting and Audit:
• Work with our diverse clients on audits and reviews of nonprofit organizations
• Perform audit and review engagements, including the ability to create accurate workpapers and prepare financial statements
• Identify accounting and auditing issues
• The ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from clients and coworkers
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the engagement managers or partners
• 3+ years of accounting and tax experience
• Experience with CCH Prosystem Tax Software
• Experience with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks
• Periodic travel to Boston-based clients
Please email resume to: email@example.com
Is Your CPA Looking Out for You?
Smith, Sullivan & Brown, P.C.
80 Flanders Road, Suite 200
Westborough, MA 01581
Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
Corridor 9/495 Regional Chamber of Commerce
Metrowest Chamber of Commerce
Stay on top of the latest tax laws, requirements and updates.