Careers at Smith, Sullivan & Brown, P.C.
Experienced Audit Senior
40 hours per week, flexible schedule, and option for remote, in office, or hybrid work, all at a CPA firm! You read that right! At Smith, Sullivan, and Brown we recognize the importance of work-life balance. Your interests, hobbies, and goals outside of work are vital to maintaining balance in your life and we want to help you pursue them! Our team of audit professionals has no mandatory overtime or traditional busy season.
SSB is seeking an Audit Senior to join our growing and well-established firm. This exciting position with unlimited growth potential requires a motivated, experienced professional with strong interpersonal and management skills.
As an Audit Senior with our Firm, you will work closely with our team of experienced professionals, serving a variety of local nonprofits. For our clients, the relationship goes beyond compliance and regulations. They rely on us to help them utilize the audit to tell their story, and they look to us for guidance year-round, not just during the audit. Successful audit seniors have excellent technical proficiencies, clear communication skills, and the ability to work productively either at home, in the office, or hybrid.
SSB’s Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package Includes:
- Remote, in-house or hybrid
- Flexible work schedule
- Health, Dental, Vision, Group Life and Disability Insurance
- 3 weeks of vacation for 1-5 years of service, with increases after 5 years
- Paid holidays, staff appreciation time, and team outings
- 401K with profit sharing
- Firm pays cost of your continuing education seminars, self-study CPE, customized in-house training with industry experts and AICPA and state society dues
- CPA license is encouraged but not required. Candidates interested in pursuing their CPA license may be eligible for reimbursement of exam fees and study materials.
An ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of public accounting experience, strong communication skills, and a desire to provide exceptional client service.
Audit Seniors will gain an understanding of clients’ needs and expectations, accounting and control systems, employees, organization values and industry specific GAAP, Yellow Book, Uniform Guidance and GAAS issues.
- Take a lead role in planning and conducting annual audit, review, and compilation engagements for a variety of nonprofit organizations
- Supervise audit staff assigned to your engagements
- Assess risks and evaluate the client’s internal control structure.
- Perform technical work and develop technical skills
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients, and work with client management and staff to perform audit services
- Work with the engagement team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- Prepare financial statements and engagement reports of findings and recommendations.
- Work in Caseware engagement software, QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Teams, ProF
Desired Soft Skills and Qualities
- Clear communication skills
- Personal integrity
- Proactive problem solver
- Open to new challenges and opportunities
- Confidence working with autonomy
- Ability to develop internal and external relationships
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
Physical setting: Office; Remote; Hybrid
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Public Accounting: 3-5 years (Required)